Baccarat begins after the croupiers (dealers) make the shoe (shuffle the eight decks of cards and place them in the plastic box). The players (you and the other customers at the table) place a wager on either the Banks hand or the Players hand. Wagers having been placed two cards are dealt to each hand the first two being the players hands cards. (those betting the players hand) the second two cards for the banks hand. A third card may be drawn by either side in accordance with the rules below. The winning hand is the one with the point total closest to nine after all the cards are dealt. Tens, cards that total ten and picture cards count as zero. An ace counts as one, numbered cards one thru nine count at face value. If the cards total a two digit number, only the last digit counts.
e.g. 5+7=12, 12 counts as 2 , king+7 = 7
Bank and player bets are paid even money but there is a 5% commission charged on all winning banker bets. (in the way the card are drawn the bank has a slight advantage).
A bet on the tie hand pays 8 to 1.
Rules summarizing when a third card is to be drawn.
1. If either the player or the bank have a total of 8 or 9 on the first two cards no further cards are drawn . The resulting hand is called a natural and the hand is over.
2. If the players total is less than or equal to 5 the players hand draws a third card.
3. If the player does not draw a third card, then the banker's hand stands on 6 or more and takes a third card on a total of 5 or less. If the player does take a third card then the rules below will determine if the bank takes a third card.
4. If the banks total is 2 or less then bank draws a card, regardless of what the players third card is.
5. If the banks total is 3 then the bank draws a third card unless the players third card was an 8.
6. If the banks total is 4 then the bank draws a third card unless the players third card was a 0,1,8,or 9.
7. If the banks total is 5 then the bank draws a third card if the players third card was 4,5,6,or 7.
8. If the banks total is 6 then the bank draws a third card if the players third card was a 6 or 7.
9. If the banks total is 7 then the bank stands.
It is not necessary to memorize these rules to play , they are automatic and only on a rare occasion is a mistake made, and quickly corrected . You are a player not to be confused with the players hand or the bank being the casino. You as a player may bet either side. These rules apply to both Mini and the Big baccarat tables.
|The "Player" hand total point value is:||The "Player" hand must:|
|1,2,3,4,5 or 0||Draw a third card|
|6 or 7||Stand with two cards|
|8 or 9||Stand with two cards|
hand value is:
"Banker" draws a card
when the "Player's"
third card is a:
Does not draw when
"Players" third card
|7||Stands with two cards|
|8||Stands with two cards|
Get the Latest, Hottest FREE offers on the web
Bonus Offer Available Here